Mind-body scope of practice
Fitness Alberta Mind Body Leader Scope of Practice
The Fitness Alberta Mind Body Leader is able to:
- Design, modify and lead a safe mind body exercise class by providing effective and appropriate exercises to meet stated class objectives and the needs of participants.
- Integrate the principles of conditioning for effective exercise and class design.
- Lead mind body classes that are based on Fitness Alberta standards and FLC guidelines.
- Incorporate the use of appropriate equipment based on identified or implied needs of the participants.
- Use the Canada’s Food Guide to Healthy Eating, Par-Q+, and the World Health Organization’s (WHO) 2020 Guidelines on physical activity and sedentary behaviour.
- Lead participants who are apparently healthy or cleared for unrestricted physical activity as indicated by completion of an evidenced based pre-screening tool (i.e., PARQ+).
* A group is defined as a leader-facilitated exercise session.
FLC - Fitness Leadership Canada
Par-Q+ - Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire
Copyright Fitness Alberta - written permission is required for reproduction.