Code of Conduct
The Fitness Alberta code of conduct provides a standard for professionalism among our community of more than 2,000 certified practitioners.
Fitness Alberta Code of Conduct
AFLCA members are committed:
to act with integrity
to honour the rights and dignity of all individuals
to recognize their responsibility to society, and
to pursue excellence in fitness leadership activities.
Leaders, Trainers, and Assistant Trainers will:
1. Represent themselves and their services honestly, accurately, and legally; conduct themselves in a manner that merits respect, assume responsibility for their actions and services; act fairly, in good faith, and without conflict of interest.
2. Recognize participants’ rights to be informed and respect participants’ rights to confidentiality.
3. Acknowledge personal and professional limitations; act within their scope of practice and experience; and use judgement without compromise where there is opportunity to profit.
4. Comply with all pertinent laws and regulations; support the AFLCA mission; and abide by AFLCA policies and this code of conduct.
5. Respect all participants, leaders, trainers, and assistant trainers and serve all participants regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, social status or mental or physical disability.
6. Engage in continuing education for growth and development and assist in the further education of other leaders, trainers, assistant trainers, and apprentice leaders.
7. Improve the standards of service for the fitness leadership profession.