Fitness Alberta Group Conditioning Scope of Practice
The Fitness Alberta Group Conditioning Leader is able to:
- Design, modify and lead a safe group conditioning exercise session by providing effective and appropriate exercises in order to meet stated class objectives and the needs of participants.
- Lead exercise classes that are based on Fitness Alberta standards and FLC guidelines.
- Integrate the principles of conditioning for effective exercise and class design.
- Lead participants who are apparently healthy or cleared for unrestricted physical activity as indicated by completion of an evidenced based pre-screening tool (i.e., PARQ+)
- Use the Canada’s Food Guide to Healthy Eating, Par-Q+, and the World Health Organization’s (WHO) 2020 Guidelines on physical activity and sedentary behaviour.
6. Incorporate the use of appropriate exercise equipment based on identified or implied needs of participants.
FLC - Fitness Leadership Canada
Par-Q+ - Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire