We will arrange accommodations when necessary. To ask about accommodations, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about online exams
Below are the requirements to register and write your exam.
What to expect for your at-home online exam
The video linked below describes in detail what to expect during your exam. Watch the video well before your exam day, so that you are prepared and able to focus on writing your exam without any technical difficulty.
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.
At-home exam system requirements
It's important to test your home computer system to make sure it meets the ProctorU requirements for online exams. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP.
Use the link below to check the system requirements for online exams
We recommend you do not use your workplace computer as you may not be allowed to download the exam software.
Register and schedule your at-home online exam
You'll need to submit your course reference number or approval letter to purchase and register for the exam.
All registrations are verified by our office. Once your reference number or qualifications are verified you’ll receive an email from ProctorU to schedule the date and time of your exam.
- Exam bookings are displayed in MILITARY (24 HOUR) TIME. Please ensure you are booking for the correct time slot (i.e. 2:00pm is 14:00 MST rather than 02:00 MST). If you miss your exam, a fee will be required to rewrite.
Once you have booked your exam please TEST YOUR SYSTEM before your scheduled exam time. This is extremely important. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP.
Register and schedule your In-person testing centre exam
You can choose to write your online exam at a testing centre. There is an extra fee to cover testing centre costs.
- Select the in-person testing centre option when you purchase your exam and pay the required fee.
- Approval will be granted by the Fitness Alberta office and an email invitation will be sent to you from Fitness Alberta/ProctorU, with steps for booking your online testing centre exam date and time.
- Select your testing centre location and provide 3 dates and times that you are available to write your exam.
Exam testing centres are located in:
- Campbell River
- Drayton Valley
- Fort McMurray
- Grande Prairie
- Lac La Biche
- Medicine Hat
- Peace River
- Red Deer
- Slave Lake
- You will receive an email from the testing centre confirming one of your 3 chosen dates and times to sit your online testing centre exam.
- Please note this process takes a minimum of 7-10 days to complete, from the time of exam purchase to finalizing your exam writing date.
*If the testing centre cannot accommodate your 3 selected choices, you will receive an email from ProctorU asking you to log in to your exam account to select new dates and times.
Exam cancellation and rescheduling
Cancellations and rescheduling:
- Cancellations for at-home online exams require 48-hour notice, otherwise it’s a forfeit of the scheduled exam, booking and exam fees.
- Cancellations for in-person testing centre exams require 5 business days notice, otherwise it's a forfeit of the scheduled exam, booking and exam fees.
To cancel, log into your candidate profile on Meazure, view Exam Lists and select the option "Withdrawal."
Time frame policy
Group exercise certification candidates:
- You have one year to complete your Fitness Alberta certification requirements from the time you write your first Foundations in Physical Activity and Exercise exam.
Certified Personal Fitness Trainer candidates:
- You have one year to complete (and pass) the theory and practical assessment exam
- Candidates who have taken the online personal training course have one year to complete certification requirements from the time of purchase of the online course
If you have questions contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org