Proctored, secure exams
We have partnered with Yardstick Measure to deliver proctored, secure online exams. All exams,whether written at home, or at a testing centre, are online to ensure access, and security.
Alberta testing centres are located in:
- Campbell River
- Drayton Valley
- Fort McMurray
- Grande Prairie
- Lac La Biche
- Medicine Hat
- Peace River
- Red Deer
- Slave Lake
Requirements for online exams
Below are the requirements to register and write Fitness Alberta exams.
Eligibility requirements for at-home online exams
To write a Fitness Alberta exam you must:
- Have completed a prerequisite or certification course
- Provide the course reference number from a completed prerequisite or certification course
- OR have met our exam challenge requirements
What to expect for your at-home online exam
The video linked below will help you know what to expect during your exam. Do this well in advance of exam day, so that you are prepared and able to focus on writing your exam without any technical difficulty.
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
System Requirements for your at-home online exam
It's important to test your system to ensure it meets the requirements for online exams. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP. These are live, proctored exams, which require a working camera, sufficient RAM and a reliable internet/wifi connection to ensure no interruptions in connectivity occur while you are writing your exam.
System requirements for online exams can be found on the Yardstick Measure website:
We recommend you do not use your work computer as you may not be allowed to download the exam software.
You will need to download the Guardian browser to take your exam (preferably before . Use the link below to download Guardian ahead of your exam session. Use the link below to download Guardian for your computer.
Register and schedule your at-home online exam
You will need your certification course reference number or challenge documents and approval letter to register.
All registrations are verified by our office. Once verified you’ll receive an email from Yardstick Measure to schedule the date and time of your exam.
- Please note that exam bookings are in MILITARY (24 HOUR) TIME. Please ensure you are booking for the correct time slot (i.e. 2:00pm is 14:00 MST rather than 02:00 MST). Booking your exam at the incorrect time will result in a missed exam, and a fee will be required to rewrite.
Once you have booked your exam, if you have not already done so, please ensure that you TEST YOUR SYSTEM before your scheduled exam time. This is extremely important. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP.
Register and schedule your In-person testing centre exam
You can choose to write your online exam at a testing centre. There is an extra fee to cover testing centre costs.
- Select the in-person testing centre option when you purchase your exam and pay the required fee.
- Approval will be granted by the Fitness Alberta office and an email invitation will be sent to you from Fitness Alberta/Yardstick Measure, with steps for booking your online testing centre exam date and time.
- Select your testing centre location and provide 3 dates and times that you are available to write your exam.
- You will receive an email from the testing centre confirming one of your 3 chosen dates and times to sit your online testing centre exam. Please note this process takes a minimum of 7-10 days to complete, from the time of exam purchase to exam writing date.
*If the testing centre cannot accommodate your 3 selected choices, you will receive an email from Yardstick Measure requesting you to log in to your exam account to select new dates and times.
Exam cancellation and rescheduling
Cancellations and rescheduling:
- Cancellations for at-home online exams require 48-hour notice, otherwise it’s a forfeit of the scheduled exam, booking and exam fees.
- Cancellations for in-person testing centre exams require 5 business days notice, otherwise it's a forfeit of the scheduled exam, booking and exam fees.
To cancel, log into your candidate profile on Measure, view Exam Lists and select the option "Withdrawal."
We are committed to accessibility, and can arrange accommodations when required. Additional fees apply.
Please contact our office at email@example.com for pre-approval for this option.
For any inquires regarding accommodations, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Time frame policy
You have one year to complete your Fitness Alberta certification from the time you write your first Foundations in Physical Activity and Exercise exam.
If you have more questions you can check out our online exam FAQs, or contact us at email@example.com